Featured Post

15th Annual Signature Watermedia International Exhibit Fallbrook Art Center

The 15th Annual Signature Watermedia International Exhibition opens this weekend (Mar 16-Apr.14) at THE Fallbrook Art Center. This prestigio...

Monday, April 22, 2013

"Breathing Room" new plein air landscape of the Northen California Hills, demonstration and set up

Breathing Room 12 x 22


In honor of Earth Day, I 'm posting this painting of the open space close to my home. When I drive here to paint I heave a sigh of relief as the  open fields and hills come into view. This is a rural area and my painting sessions are only interrupted by curious cows.

















My process was pretty much my usual, horizon as the starting point and working my way down the paper.

















Here's my SUV Studio  set up ,with my stool pulled out of the way.
















A passerby kindly took this "'Action Photo " I sit on the stool or in the car depending on the placement of the sun ( I keep it off the paper always!) The SUV  liftback helps shade me and my paper.

No comments: