Featured Post

15th Annual Signature Watermedia International Exhibit Fallbrook Art Center

The 15th Annual Signature Watermedia International Exhibition opens this weekend (Mar 16-Apr.14) at THE Fallbrook Art Center. This prestigio...

Friday, July 27, 2012

Wild at Heart , A California Hill Painting

Wild At Heart, 14 x 14

I've been tweaking this in the studio after starting it in late spring on Mount Diablo.
It is a meadow from what I consider the heart of Mount Diablo.
Up past Curry Point and the outer ridges, there were some  rare and late wildflowers from this past spring with it's late and sparse rains. I like the soft purple brown colors on the oaks as they were leafing out and how that worked with the greens and oranges in the meadow.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness I am obsessed with this. You are truly amazing with your watercolors. The vibrant colors are absolutely exquisite. Thank you so much for sharing.

Robin Purcell said...

Thanks Sarah, this one is a personal favorite, because I had to wait so long for poppies this year, I was very happy to finally see them and paint them.

Unknown said...

Wow well your patience definitely paid off this is gorgeous! I love the idea of waiting for poppies to bloom it sounds so magical and you have definitely captured that feel in this painting.