Featured Post

15th Annual Signature Watermedia International Exhibit Fallbrook Art Center

The 15th Annual Signature Watermedia International Exhibition opens this weekend (Mar 16-Apr.14) at THE Fallbrook Art Center. This prestigio...

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Sonoma Plein Air Day One

 Day 1
Immediately after Carmel, the Sonoma Plein Air Event .

 Unfinished study from Monday 11 x 14

I am still digging out but here are a few highlights. On Monday it rained steadily so I thought I would scout locations but ended up being pulled over and told to stay put for an hour and a half  by the CHP while the bike race passed on Warm Springs Road . I should have known to check and Keith Wicks amazingly thorough notes had mentioned the Amgen Tour !
Since it was the first day and I wanted to try out painting from the back of my SUV in the rain, I started a painting of what was in front of me. Not enough thinking went into this upfront and it is still unfinished, it has a nice atmosphere and captures the moody rain, but is not something I would choose to paint in other circumstances. The tree on the left is floating and that green shape in the middle doesn't work at all. I will stare at it and see if solutions present themselves.
I do like my tentative title "Rainy Days and Mondays"
The Amgen Tour Warms Springs Road Sonoma, Monday May 17

No comments: