Featured Post

Evening Breakers

 Evening Breakers. I tried to depict the light carving the forms of  the waves in this seascape from Malibu. Watercolor on paper 8 x 16 .

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Hills Are Alive 143rd American Watercolor Society International Exhibition Acceptance

The Hills Are Alive 14 x 21 Watercolor on Arches

When I moved to California, I was completely surprised by the velvety greens of winter.
This ridge is about six miles from my house , near the entrance to Morgan Territory. It is a place I walk often, with horse farms, lamas and goats. This ridge and the vegetation have such interesting shapes and colors , it seemed alive to me on many levels.
I am thrilled to have it juried into the American Watercolor Society 143rd Exhibition. I was fortunate enough to exhibit in the 142nd as well, after years trying, it feels good to reach a lifetime goal. Because I have been accepted into two AWS Exhibtions, I can now apply for Signature Status.

11 comments:

David Westerfield said...

Very nice Robin! Congratulations on the entry acceptance.

Autumn Leaves said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Robin! I think you used a word that is perfect for the richness of this piece: velvet. I really love your style. The intensity of the colors are amazing.

Karen Winters said...

Robin, this is fabulous news. I will be cheering you on and hope that you get Signature membership. You deserve it.

Karen

Marian Fortunati said...

Beautiful, Robin!! Your colors are so vivid and your paintings so beautiful... no wonder this one was juried in.
Congratulations and good luck to you!

Chris Beck said...

How exciting to have your second acceptance!! Best wishes for reaching sig. status!!

Robin Purcell said...

David, Karen, Marian and Chris, Thank you for your kind words. It is an honor to be juried into this!

Unknown said...

Congradulations! What an honor to be excepted. Wonderful work. The color in this painting are truly alive. Beautiful, Many Blessing, Deborah Art and Soul Blog, www.dlrubyspalette.blogspot.com
Stop by for Art, Inspiration and Purpose.

Bob Purcell said...

Looks like a winner

Nancy Goldman said...

Congratulations Robin. I hope you win an award. Your work is beautiful.

Unknown said...

congrats robin! - so glad to have found your blog; great to see your amazing work here. and my fingers are crossed for you for the 143rd!!
all best wishes - tom

Robin Purcell said...

Thanks all, no award but I am thrilled to be a part of this exhibit and excited that "The Hills Are Alive" will be a part of the traveling show, so it may be coming to a city near you.....