Featured Post

15th Annual Signature Watermedia International Exhibit Fallbrook Art Center

The 15th Annual Signature Watermedia International Exhibition opens this weekend (Mar 16-Apr.14) at THE Fallbrook Art Center. This prestigio...

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Golden Coast

"The Golden Coast " 12 x 16, watercolor on arches
Every once in a while, framing happens before I get a good photograph of a painting, so I am posting a framed painting to show what the final product usually looks like. I apologize for the glare, but that is the nature of point and shoot photography and plexiglass.
My framing uses a different way of matting. I like to use a white liner and a neutral tan or gray matt. It makes the paintings look fresher to me.
This was painted from another painting of the coast near Carmel. I wanted to explore gold and turquoise colors and see how far I could push them. I love the Pacific Coast, so this is a personal favorite, it reminds me of being on vacation.


2 comments:

masmoulin said...

Hello,
I love your recent work. It's very beautiful

@+

masmoulin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.